Thursday, August 8, 2013

What's In A Name

The picture below is from our recent Wyoming trip. It was taken as we headed out for a morning ride. From left to right, I'm riding Doc, my wife is on Rico, our daughter is mounted on Farva, and our son's horse is named Bob.



I'm a (retired!!!) college professor, so one of the many things I'm called is Doc. Since that was also my horse's name it led to a bit of confusion; some of it genuine, some of it manufactured.
Wrangler #1: "That Doc sure is an ornery SOB."
Wrangler #2: "I don't think he's that bad of a horse."
Wrangler #1: "I wasn't talking about the horse."

Wrangler #1: "Have you seen Doc?"
Wrangler #2: "I think he's on the porch having a beer."
Wrangler #1: "I wasn't talking about the horse."
This is what passes for witty repartee around the barn.

4 comments:

Old NFO said...

LOL, so you're BOTH ornery drunks, right??? :-)

CenTexTim said...

That's one way of looking at it...

Toejam said...

Last time I was on a hourse (and only the 2nd time ever) was in Arizona in 2010.

I was a bit nervous as I hefted my 200 70 year old pounds onto it's back.

I believe the horse was as nervous as I was since it was snorting and dancing around.

Naively I asked the "instructor" what the horse's name was.

He siged and with a straight face replied: KILLER.

I said in my sincerest tone: "I hope he doesn't live up to his name".

CenTexTim said...

Usually they say "Widowmaker."