Friday, August 9, 2013

Friday Follies Happy Hour 2013.08.09

I was channel surfing last night and ran across an old flick that I hadn't seen in decades. In fact, I'd forgotten all about it.

Wikipedia describes Vanishing Point as "a 1971 American action road movie" that is a "social commentary on the post-Woodstock mood in the United States." I guess that's as good a way as any to explain a film that tried to capture those conflicted times. It was a drive-in staple back then, and the sound track still resonates today.

An excerpt from the sound track is below, followed by a trailer for the movie. Fire up your muscle car, pick up your best girl, and head for the nearest drive-in.

Just look out for the Blue Meanies...





4 comments:

Toejam said...

I loved this movie when it first came out back in the early 70's. Last year I actually found it on DVD at Barnes and Noble for next to nothing.

Along with it I bought ElectraGlide in Blue another one of my favorite 70's flicks.

Now I'm on the lookout for: The original 70's Billy Jack movie and the Original 70's Walking Tall move. I guess I can buy tham from Amazon.

Oh, another favorite I found on VHS and had transferred to DVD: The D.I. (1957 B&W) starring Jack Webb.

CenTexTim said...

Like 'em all, but LOVED The DI.

"Was the sand flea you slapped a male or a female?"

Classic.

Old NFO said...

Good movie, and another one where there is more BS about cars than one can believe. According to 'reliable' sources four cars were provided, and all four were returned to Chrysler and crushed to prevent any liability claims, just like the Chargers in the Bullitt movie!

CenTexTim said...

Bullitt - another classic flick, and one of my all-time favorites.