Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Un-Friggin'-Believable

When I came across this collection of unimaginably twisted nonsense I didn't believe it at first. I thought it must be a joke, because no one could seriously think this way.

Sadly, I was wrong.

And to think it came out on the 50th anniversary of Martin Luther King's "I have a dream" speech. You've come a long way, baby...

The Racial Implications of Miley Cyrus' VMA Performance

(Note: For those of you, like me, who had better things to do (like get a root canal, or clean the dog crap out of the yard, or watch grass grow, or...) than watch the VMA (Video Music Awards) the other night, evidently Miley Cyrus shocked the audience by wearing a skimpy costume and gyrating lewdly around the stage. Silly me - I thought that's what they all did. Anyway...)
...Miley's performance last night, and the subsequent ignoring of the racial implications of what she did is just the latest incident in the long line of things that shows me as a black woman, that white feminism does not want me, or care to have me.
Racial implications?!? She acted like a tramp. That transcends racial lines - or so I thought.
...can we talk about the problematic and racist nature of her performance? Her literal use of people as props? Her association of her newfound sexuality with the traditional codifiers of black female culture, thereby perpetuating the Jezebel stereotype that black women are lewd, lascivious and uncontrollably sexualized?
There's more such claptrap at the link, but I won't waste your time or mine by subjecting you to it.

I guess I missed the class where I was taught that "black women women are lewd, lascivious and uncontrollably sexualized."

So did Condoleezza Rice, Crystal Wright, Star Parker, Kay Coles James, and many other black women who are too busy trying to improve things in their community than to sit around and dream up ways to twist everything into some demented form of racism.

That whirling noise you hear is Dr. King spinning in his grave...

2 comments:

jeff said...

Sad thing is it's not our culture holding this back. How many blacks want to hang out with whites? They have created a bubble that they live in, not to be crossed by whites.
Whites have been beaten over the head with the moral mantra that we have been racist, at least 40 years worth, so we play the game, only to be tongue lashed again by the left. Fuck em.
What are we to do?

CenTexTim said...

In the professional and military occupations - at least the one's I'm familiar with - there's a mix of whites and all types of minorities, including blacks. For the non-black minorities there is a sense of pride and accomplishment at being successful. It's celebrated by their friends and families. For a number of the blacks, they were seen as 'selling out' and 'turning white.' That's on the black community.