Thursday, August 29, 2013

Quit Your Wining

I like to drink wine, although my palette isn't refined enough to appreciate the subtleties of different types and vintages. Consequently, I am an enthusiastic but unsophisticated consumer. So I am approaching today - Cabernet Day - much like a Labrador Retriever approaches a tennis ball; that is, with excitement that threatens to overwhelm my common sense.
In the big beef state of Texas, cabernet sauvignon is king. The bold red wine stands up to our favorite food group — barbecue. The upcoming Cabernet Day on Thursday is meant to help people discover new wines from this varietal.
In keeping with that spirit, I'm sharing my thoughts on a big bold wine from the Three Thieves vineyard - The Show.
The Show combines grapes from the Central Coast, Sonoma County, Lake County, Mendocino, Lodi and Napa Valley AVA’s. Anchored by full-bodied Cabernet, it also features Petite Sirah which gives it a deep ruby color and a hint of violets on the nose. The Show is aged in French and American oak.

The Show grabs your attention. Big and bold, it is dominated by full flavors of dried black cherries, jammy preserves and complex toasty, vanilla, and spicy oak.
Word.

I like it slightly chilled. Just stick it in the fridge for an hour or so before opening. Let it sit for a few minutes to take the edge off, then pour a glass or two and enjoy. Very flavorful, very spirited, very enjoyable, and last but not least, very affordable.

Plus I like the label.


And yes, I'll be serving beef tonight. Grilled T-bones with all the fixin's.

Mmmmm...

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

So the question is... Will things go rodeo after one bottle or two??? :-)

CenTexTim said...

LOL!