Sunday, August 18, 2013

Sunday Funnies 2013.08.18

We moved our son into his dorm room yesterday as he begins his first year of college. Before we left I gave him some fatherly advice.

Exams are like girl friends::

1. Too Many Questions.
2. Difficult to Understand.
3. More Explanation is Needed.
4. Result is always FAIL!
As he was packing to go away to college, I watched while he stuffed a frying pan into his suitcase.

"A frying pan?" I asked. "Why are you taking a frying pan?"

"Well, I'm staying with other people, you know," he replied. "There might be someone there who knows how to cook."
While completing his dorm application forms, my son hesitated at one question that required him to define his housekeeping habits. His choices were "impeccably neat," "not so neat" or "freestyle."

"The way you keep your room," I advised, "there's no doubt you fit in the 'freestyle' category."

"Oh, I know," he replied. "It's just that if I get someone as messy as I am, there won't be any room on the floor for my things."

And then there's laundry...


... and early classes...


... and studying...


The adventure begins...

3 comments:

Old NFO said...

Heh, yep gonna be an eye opening experience for him!!! :-)

Home on the Range said...

A colleague's son went off to college and after spending all his money on some electronic toys called to ask for money as he didn't have enough for anything more than Ramen Noodles. Mom wanted to send him something, Dad said "no, he's got to learn that lesson now". Good lesson indeed, pay the bills first, THEN, if there's a little left have a little fun. Your boy will do well, he's had your example.

CenTexTim said...

NFO - My first year on my own certainly opened MY eyes!

Brigid - He's earned his own money for the last couple of years. We buy his essentials, he pays for everything else, so he's pretty good about money management. Most of the credit for instilling values and discipline in him goes to my wife. My job was to set a bad example so she could tell him what not to do... :-)