Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Count Your Blessings

Our long national nightmare continues...
The IRS will issue official furlough notices next week to employees detailing that the agency will be closed for five days with unpaid leave for workers this summer because of the sequester.
Of course, the government and the union goons have to make it look like it's negatively affecting us taxpayers.
“On these days, phones calls to the IRS will go unanswered and Taxpayer Assistance Centers across the country will have ‘closed’ signs in their windows,” Colleen M. Kelley said. “I believe this is an unprecedented event that leaves taxpayers out in the cold.”
BFD. Those idiots can't provide the correct answers anyway.
There is speculation that the furloughs could result in fewer audits this year. A report released earlier this week by the Transactional Records Access Clearinghouse shows audit rates dipped 5.3% last year and could fall even more this year with less personnel available.
And this is a bad thing?!?


3 comments:

Toejam said...

I.R.S. furloughs?

That doesn't bother me.

However, I'm terrified that the next agency affected will be the Social Security Administration.

If my monthly payout gets held up I'll have to go on a diet. And I'm not that heavy now.

CenTexTim said...

Don't worry, Toejam. Even if your SSA checks get held up you can still qualify for food stamps and obamacare.

Toejam said...

Never thought of that, CTT.

Whoa, a Libtard neighbor told me I could get a free cell-phone too with unlimited texting.

Geez, life is good!

Wait a minute, I don't know how to text. The government give free classes for me to learn?