Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Give The Devil His Due

My fingers are choking as I type these words (I have a fondness for mixed metaphors), but it's time to give obama credit. On his watch we've seen osama bin laden killed, several top al qaeda leaders wiped out, and gaddafi captured, killed, and sodomized, although not necessarily in that order.

Just as I would have castigated obama for failing to take advantage of those opportunities to eliminate enemies of this country, so must I give him credit, albeit grudgingly, for fulfilling the responsibilities of his office.

In a similar vein, however, I would be remiss if I did not point out that obama's success is due in large part to the continuation of  policies put in place by his predecessor. Guantanamo, enhanced interrogation techniques, electronic surveillance ... all these things were vilified and opposed by obama and his supporters. But they also led to the intelligence that enabled the SEAL operations, drone strikes, and air attacks that made those successes possible.

There is a word for that.

Vindication...



No comments: