Sunday, November 2, 2014

Sunday Funnies 2014.11.02

Election Day is this Tuesday. Please make sure you vote.

Bad officials are elected by good citizens who do not vote.
One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.

The best way to combat criminals is by not voting for them.

America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won’t cross the street to vote.


"A new study estimates that only 3.4 percent of Americans will vote in the midterm elections next month. But on the bright side, 100 percent will still complain about the results." –Jimmy Fallon


"Daddy," a little girl asked her father, "do all fairy tales begin with 'Once upon a time'? "

"No, sweetheart," he answered. "Some begin with 'If I am elected.'"


While I was on my recent elk hunting trip in Wyoming I came up with what I thought was a great scheme to get free drinks. Since Wyoming is pretty conservative I decided I would walk into a bar and insult the democrats. So I strolled into a local watering hole and shouted "All democrats are horses assess!"

To my great shock the patrons threw me out of the bar.

I figured that I had just misread the local politics, so I marched right back into that bar shouting "All republicans are horses assess!"

A moment later I found myself out on the pavement again.

A cowboy was walking by, so I said to him, "I can't figure it out. Is this democrat country or republican country?"

"Son," says the cowboy, "this here is horse country!"


While I fully intend to vote, and hope you all do as well, I'm not too thrilled by the choices...









And here's the last word in election humor:

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Pissed off is right, and agree with the last one!!! Sigh... Voted absentee, but I VOTED!

CenTexTim said...

I held my nose and voted early down here ... for whatever good it will do.