Thursday, April 26, 2012

Road Trip

We have a small place on a lake about two hours north of where we live. Nothing fancy - just a little cabin. I had to go up there today to take care of a few chores in order to get it ready for the summer.

The trip is fun - mostly winding back country roads, dotted here and there with produce stands, BBQ joints, and roadhouses. The traffic is usually light. In addition to the natives and their pickups (I was driving my 1995 Ford F-150) you'll see all sorts of bikers, sports cars, convertibles, and 'big-boy' trucks.

I wish I could have taken pictures of  a few of my fellow travelers, but I was too busy texting and drinking (just kidding...). My two favorites were:

(1) the biker who was wearing a t-shirt that said "If you can't feed 'em, don't breed 'em;" and

(2) the harried-looking woman driving a minivan with the personalized license plate that said "But Mom!"


3 comments:

Old NFO said...

Um... that intersection looks familiar... :-)

Pascvaks said...

Looks like an important intersection, must be a real mess on Election Day.

CenTexTim said...

I just grabbed that image from Google. We're not anywhere near it.