Sunday, September 30, 2012

Sunday Funnies 2012.09.30

Cell phones are in the news these days, so that's today's topic.



I was in the locker room at the gym yesterday when a cell phone laying on the bench began to ring. A man walked over and answered it. I couldn't help but overhear the conversation.

MAN: "Hello"
WOMAN: "Honey, it's me. Are you at the gym?"
MAN: "Yes"
WOMAN: "I am at the mall now and found this beautiful leather coat. It's only $1,000. Is it OK if I buy it?"
MAN: "Sure, go ahead if you like it that much."
WOMAN: "I also stopped by the Mercedes dealership and saw the new models. I saw one I really liked."
MAN: "How much?"
WOMAN: "$80,000"
MAN: "OK, but for that price I want it with all the options."
WOMAN: "OK. I'll see you later! I love you!"
 MAN: "Bye, I love you too."

The man hung up. I looked at him in astonishment. Then he asked: "Anyone know who this phone belongs to?"


We went to the movies the other night. I sat in an aisle seat as I usually do because it feels a little roomier. Just as the feature was about to start, a Texas Aggie sitting in the center of the row got up and started working his way across.

"Excuse me, sorry, oops, excuse me, pardon me, gotta hurry, oops, excuse me."

By the time he got to me I was trying to see the screen and I was a little impatient so I said, "Couldn't you have done this a little earlier?"

"No!!" was the loud whisper, "The TURN OFF YOUR CELL PHONE PLEASE message just flashed up on the screen and mine is out in the car."






3 comments:

Toejam said...

Until last summer, when she had the kitchen redecorated, my sister had a rotary dial wall phone near the refrigerator.

Everyone comfortable with: "rotary dial"?

JT said...

-1 for the Aggie joke. It is just as effective when presented as a blonde joke.

CenTexTim said...

Toejam - my parents had rotary phones up until they moved into an assisted living facility a few years ago. I've still got them in a box around here someplace.

Harper - yeah, and if I made it a blonde joke you'd get upset about that as well. There's just no pleasing some people... :-)