Tuesday, August 18, 2015

I Wish He Was Right

It pains me to write this. Hell, it pains me to even think about it, or acknowledge it internally. That I would entertain such a notion saddens me profoundly. But the fact remains that my first thought upon hearing these remarks was "Who does he think he's kidding?"

I refer to Vice President Joe Biden's comments at a memorial service Saturday for the five military members killed in Chattanooga.
"We have a message for those perverted cowards around the world: America never yields, never bends, never cowers, never stands down. It endures responds and always overcomes. For we are Americans and never never underestimate us. It's always been a bad bad bet to do that..."
I used to believe that. I desperately want to believe that now. But based on the actions of obama and his administration over the past six years, along with the spineless weasels in congress and their enablers in the general population, I no longer believe that America as a whole has the backbone, the fortitude, and the cojones to respond to and overcome 'perverted cowards.'

Oh, sure, there are still plenty of Americans who are willing to stand up and do what is necessary. But our elected 'leaders,' along with a growing segment of the population, endorses grovelling and appeasement when confronted by evil doing its best to destroy this country and everything we stand for.

One only has to look at the barbaric acts committed by ISIS and other 'extremists' in the Middle East, Africa, and around the world. Rapes, beheadings, torture, slavery, genocide - all are endemic and epidemic. And what has America done about it?

Withdraw our forces from the Middle East. Ignore Boko Haram and other terrorists groups in Africa. Turn a blind eye to Russia's aggression in Eastern Europe. Make one-sided deals with Iran. Tiptoe around anything that might be perceived as offensive to muslims.

Why? Because we want to be politically correct? Because we want everyone to like us? Because we are afraid to act?

Or because we no longer have a moral compass that helps us determine right from wrong, and the national will to stand up and proclaim "This stops here!"?

Sadly, I fear it is the latter.

It is a heart-breaking commentary on the state of this once-great nation that such thoughts even cross my mind.

6 comments:

Bag Blog said...

"We no longer have the moral compass..." That seems to be our big problem.

Randy said...

been feeling this same way for a long while

Old NFO said...

I have to agree with you, and I'm NOT happy about it.

CenTexTim said...

BB - Sad but true.

Randy - I know. Very depressing...

NFO - agreed

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Bet he didn't clear those remarks with the Lightbringer before opening his mouth. As I recall, nine years ago he was considered a hawk.

CenTexTim said...

He's a throwback - what passes for a hawk on the left. He would be an upgrade over barry.