Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Flotsam And Jetsam 2014.09.03

Still recovering from the extended Labor Day weekend. That precludes much original thinking, and includes cleaning out the in-box. So in the spirit of killing a pair of fowl with one hard, solid, nonmetallic mineral matter...


I'm sure many of you are aware of the Ice Bucket Challenge benefiting ALS. I'm proud to announce that my wife participated. I got to pour a bucket of ice-cold water over her ... and then warm her up afterwards.  ;-)

I've also posted previously about the recent earthquake in California and its potentially devastating impact on the wineries there. So here's a two birds/one stone image.



Speaking of previous posts, I've mentioned before that both my son and daughter are now enrolled in Texas A&M. I graduated from THE University of Texas, and my wife is an SMU alum. Our in-house joke is:
Q:  What do you get when you cross a Longhorn with a Mustang?

A:  Two Aggies.
Anyway, here's a picture of an Aggie tying down his ATV in the back of his pickup..



Speaking of Aggies, here's a letter to the editor illustrating the Aggie spirit of civic obedience in times of crisis.



I've mentioned before that our youngest child - our daughter - has gone off to college this year and made us Empty Nesters. My wife has good days and bad days dealing with that. Here's one of her good days.



Finally, here's a great employment incentive for senior citizens.

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Snerk... Good ones! And that ATV is going to be interesting...

CenTexTim said...

I'd love to see the video...