Thursday, May 23, 2013

A Parable For Today

A Texan with a bucket full of live fish was loading his boat onto his trailer when a game warden walked up. The game warden asked the man, "May I see your fishing license please?"

"Naw, sir," replied the Texan. "I don't need a license. These here are my pet fish."

"Pet fish!?!?"

"Yep. Once a week, I bring these fish down to the lake and let 'em swim 'round for a while. Then when I whistle, they swim right back into my net and I take 'em home."

"What a line of baloney....you're under arrest."

The Texan said, "It's the truth. I'll show ya! We do this all the time!!"

"Oh you do, now, do you?" smirked the warden. "Prove it!"

The Texan released the fish into the lake and stood and waited. After a few minutes, the warden said, "Well?"

"Well, What?" asked the Texan.

The warden asked, "When are you going to call em back?"

"Call who back?"

"The FISH," replied the warden.

"What fish?" asked the Texan.

MORAL OF THE STORY:

We may not be as smart as some city slickers, but we ain't as dumb as some government employees.


2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Hehehe, I know some ol' boys that would do just that too... on BOTH sides...

CenTexTim said...

NFO - Me too.

Harper - It's a lot cheaper, not to mention safer, to leave the boat on the trailer. I ;earned that the hard way.