Friday, March 2, 2012

Friday Follies Happy Hour

Something different today - a video that takes me back to my old Army days.

A long, long time ago I was 'invited' to volunteer for Airborne school. I was an impressionable 19-year-old at the time, and my young and mostly empty head was immediately filled with visions of heroism and glory.

I ended up failing the physical as a result of lingering injuries from a high-school car wreck. The Army, in its infinite wisdom, decided that I was physically able enough to hike around the boonies toting a pack and M-16, but couldn't handle sitting in an airplane and flying to my destination.

In any event, if the Airborne had been anything like the video below I would have crawled across broken glass - molten broken glass - to get in.

Caution - NSFW

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Yep, you and me and every other red-blooded American male!!!! :-)

CenTexTim said...

Welcome back, bro. Hope your trip went well.