Monday, March 28, 2011

FOD 2011.03.28

The part of the state where I live is transitioning from a predominantly ranching region to a mix of 'ranchette' type developments and the older, more traditional working ranches. I was sitting in one of the local watering holes with a few of the ranchers when one of the new residents strolled in and plopped down on a stool at the bar. He ordered a beer and, making casual conversation, said, "That Barack Obama sure is a horse's ass."

One of the ranchers jumped up and punched him in the face, knocking the newcomer off his stool. The rancher then stomped out.

The new guy got up, rubbed his jaw, and sat back down. A few moments later he says "Michelle Obama is also a horse's ass."

Another rancher pops the guy, again knocking him off his stool, and stomps out.

The guys gets up, shakes his head, looks at me, and says, "I never would have figured this for Obama country."

"It's not," I replied. "It's horse country."

No comments: