Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Another Turn Of the Wheel

It’s that time of the year again. Days are shorter, classes are longer, students are whinier, and Shiner consumption is greater.

Yes, the end of the semester approacheth. In fact, today was my last day of scheduled classes. All that remains is a couple of finals ... plus the grading apocalypse of papers and projects ... plus the inevitable begging ("But I really need to pass. Otherwise I lose my scholarship/internship/girlfriend/life.") ... plus a seemingly endless succession of committee meetings consisting of nonstop babbling, pointless arguing, absurd preening and posturing, and a total lack of accomplishment.

But one week from today I'm hopping in the truck and heading north for five plus weeks of family time, holiday parties, glorious inactivity, and ... oh yeah, did I mention Shiners?

No comments: