Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Silver Lining Department

Did my drinking last night, followed by my thinking this morning. I do my best to maintain a generally positive outlook on life, but responding to the election is indeed a challenge. Here's the best I can come up with.

We're no worse off than we were before.

Granted, this country was in a shaky-at-best condition before Nov. 6. And yes, we missed an opportunity to turn things around. But the situation didn't get suddenly worse. It just stayed the same.

Now is not the time to give up. Keep in mind that there are still millions of people who share our views and values. We may be fighting a delaying action instead of moving forward (*snort*), but there is still much in this country worth fighting for.

So take a little time to grieve, rant, disengage, or whatever you need to do to deal with the election results, and then get back in the fight.

Remember the immortal words of John Blutarsky:

"Nothing is over until we decide it is!"

6 comments:

Bear said...

As a friend mentioned earlier, "It took a Carter to get us a Reagan."

In other silver linings, we don't have to worry about him getting another term, and hopefully we'll see Christie at the helm in four years.

CenTexTim said...

Hey Bear - welcome back. Were you and your buddies too busy hunting to get PA to vote for Romney?

Seriously, after watching Christie suck up to obama I'm not too happy with him right now.

jeffli6 said...

Nice Tim! Great reference. Wish we could have Belushi bustin a guitar over Tingles head.

CenTexTim said...

Would be nice, wouldn't it.

Bear said...

I missed the "sucking up" part. I have indeed been hunting hard and slacking on my reading. Guess I need to get back into my newspaper habit again. Regardless, I'll have to look into that.

If you look at the PA voting map, you'll notice that most of the counties that deer were being hard-hunted on election day are red. The counties in which welfare benefits were being hard-hunted are blue. Unfortunately, the latter apparently outnumbers the former. Picture link is here:

http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z423/jmbear12/PA2012PresElecMap.jpg

CenTexTim said...

Maybe y'all should hunt welfare leeches instead of deer.

Google Christie, obama, and Sandy. Take a look at the pictures of Christie and barry arm in arm. Read the nice things Christie said about that SCOAMF.

Chris Christie is dead to me and millions of other conservatives.