Tuesday, December 6, 2011

More News Of The Absurd

When I saw the headline below, I was anticipating a humorous out-of-the-ordinary story. Well, it's definitely out of the ordinary. However, the humor is tempered by the fact that ... well, why spoil it ... go ahead and read it for yourself.

Couple injured after naked bodybuilder attack
Police say a naked, 300-pound bodybuilder savagely beat a Southern California couple at their home, leaving them in critical condition.

The Sun of San Bernardino says 22-year-old Ruben Arzu apparently was under the influence of steroids and other drugs, and it took four police officers, two stun gun blasts and four sets of handcuffs to restrain him.

Police say the couple came home late Saturday to find Arzu naked on the front porch of their home in Colton.

When Arzu was confronted by the 35-year-old husband, police say the bodybuilder attacked the man, causing major head trauma.

The man's wife called 911. Police say Arzu then picked her up and threw her around, causing facial injuries and multiple cuts to her head.

Arzu was booked on suspicion of attempted homicide.
First of all, I hope the victims recover without complications.

Second, call me old-fashioned, but I'd rather see the cops blast the guy a couple of times with a .45 instead of a stun gun. It would save a lot of time, trouble, and $$$ down the road.

And of course this happened in Kalifornia, home to naked bodybuilders and steroid freaks. Why don't we ask the victims how they feel about the CA ban on handguns and right to carry. Since I'm blessed to live in the Great State of Texas, I don't have to worry about whether or not I can physically subdue an assailant. I have today's equivalent of Mr. Colt's equalizer on my side.

And I can be damn sure that any naked bodybuilder who attacks me or my family isn't carrying a concealed weapon...

3 comments:

Old NFO said...

Yep, gotta love Kalifornia (NOT)...

CharlieDelta said...

AMEN CTT! I thoroughly enjoy reading and hearing about when criminals of any kind pay the ultimate price for their actions. I don't care what drug or alcohol a person is on, it's not an excuse to do something like this and it shouldn't even be considered when making a judgement call on giving the guy some juice or some lead.

I vote to give him lead! Shoot first, ask questions later. F 'em!

Anonymous said...

Naked Body Builder in California?

Is Terminator Arnie up to his old tricks?