Wednesday, December 14, 2011

CBS Disgraces Itself - Again

I ran across the following at Irons in the Fire. It made my blood boil. If you get as riled as I did, please take a moment to let CBS know how you feel.
No excerpts; you need to get the full flavor of this. CBS, screw you; I've seen the show a time or two, but I won't be watching it again. I think I'll wander over to their feedback form and say so.
I'll provide one excerpt, and one picture, just to give you an idea of what got me so upset.
... to discover the actors and crew walking ON the graves (of Pearl Harbor and other WWII veterans). The production equipment was laid over the grave stones. I was amazed at the audacity of the crew to treat the graves as just a prop in their show, their lack of respect augmented by walking on the grave stones.
If you read the entire thing you will notice that there is some disagreement over exactly what was said and done. However, for me the photographs clinched it. They make it pretty clear that CBS' actions were disgraceful and inexcusable.
What else is new...?

3 comments:

Old NFO said...

Concur, they are NOT getting me as a viewer...

JT said...

The Punchbowl is a gorgeous and hallowed place. I am concerned that the caretakers would allow a production crew to set up and film scenes for a network drama. I read in another article that H5O made a measly $1k donation for the privilege of shooting there. What a shameful disgrace to our veterans.

kerrcarto said...

Network television sucks. I haven't watched it in years.