Thursday, December 15, 2011

Don't Mess With Grandma

A supposedly true story from a Kansas Highway Patrol officer.
I made a traffic stop on an elderly lady the other day for speeding on U.S. 166 Eastbound at Mile Marker 73  just East of Sedan, KS.

I asked for her driver's license, registration, and  proof of insurance. The  lady took out the required information and handed it to me.

Along with the cards I was somewhat surprised (due to her advanced age) to see she had a concealed carry permit. I looked at her and asked  if she had a weapon in her possession at this time.

She responded that she indeed had a .45  automatic in her glove  box.

Something---body  language, or the way she said it---made me ask if she had any other firearms. She did admit to also having a  9mm Glock in her center console.

Now I had to ask if that was all. She responded once again that she did have just one more, a .38 special in her purse. I then asked her what was she so afraid of.

She looked me right in the eye and said, "Not a freaking thing!"
If it's not true, it should be.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Didn't know Queen Elizabeth II was living in Kansas.

England has one of the most OPPRESSIVE gun laws in the world. How did Queenie get away with this?

CenTexTim said...

She's the queen. She can do whatever she wants...