Friday, November 4, 2011

It's Like Christmas Eve

Tomorrow is the Opening Day of deer season. Down here it's as big - if not bigger - than Christmas.

It snuck up on me this year. This has been a very challenging semester at school. The students are contentious, and the administration has been unusually demanding, unreasonable, and aggravating. On top of that, there have been family issues that required time and effort (nothing overly dramatic or serious, but still significant enough to require attention).

Bottom line - usually I have everything ready a week or so ahead of time, but not this year. I'm running around today like a headless chicken, frantically trying to get things done. The good news is that my rifle is sighted in, my knife is sharpened, and the beer is iced down.

Everything else is gravy...

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Get a good one Sir!