Saturday, May 7, 2016

You Can't Make This Stuff Up

I have no words...

 * * * * * * * * * * 

Transgender man gives birth to baby girl after getting pregnant during transition
Along with playing mother, one Icelandic man will have to play father to his newborn baby as well. Henrý Steinn, a transgender man, recently gave birth to a baby girl after finding out he was pregnant during the early stages of his gender transition.

The 19-year-old has already started living as a man and was about to begin his testosterone treatment when he found out he was carrying. "I was well into the consultation and was living as a man but was about one or two months away from starting the hormone treatment when I found out I was pregnant..."

After consulting with his doctor and therapist, Steinn decided to delay his hormone treatment and proceed with the pregnancy. He added: "It was a bit of a shock when I started suspecting it, but very soon I started seeing it as an opportunity to have my own baby."

On 13 April he gave birth to a heath baby via Caesarean and plans to breastfeed the baby for a time and then "expects to resume the consultation for the transition as soon as possible..."
Okay, it's around 10:00 at night when I wrote this. I'm going to have another drink and go to bed, because I just can't handle reality anymore...

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Pass the Scotch... sigh

CenTexTim said...

Coming right up...