Thursday, June 21, 2012

Still Swamped...

... but I think (hope) things will slacken up in the next few days. In the meantime, here's a few random observations to tide you over.


A woman's husband has been slipping in and out of a coma for several months yet she stayed by his bedside every single day. When he came to, he motioned for her to come nearer.

As she sat by him, he said, "You know what? You have been with me all through the bad times. When I got fired, you were there to support me. When my business failed, you were there. When I got shot, you were by my side. When we lost the house, you gave me support. When my health started failing, you were still by my side. But now, I want a divorce."

Stunned, all the wife can do is ask "Why?"

The husband replied, "I think you bring me bad luck!"


Here's a combination of words I never thought I'd see:

The Tasteful Toilet Coffee Cup
We've all seen coffee cups designed to look like toilet bowls, but this, we are proud to say, is easily the most dignified, tasteful toilet-bowl coffee cup in the world. In white ceramic (much like the real thing) it's 4-5/8" tall x 5-3/4" x 4-1/4" overall and holds 7 oz. Nice big grip under the tasteful tank, too.


One flush or two?


Mother Superior calls all the nuns together and says to them, "I must tell you something. We have a case of gonorrhea in the convent."

"Thank goodness," says an elderly nun at the back. "I am so tired of Chardonnay."


This last one is not a joke. It is more applicable today than ever before, what with idiots like Mayor Bloomberg of New York banning supersized sodas, and towns in Massachusetts banning swearing , indoor tanning for teens (don't worry, they can still get abortions - they just can't get tans), dogs walking on the beach , and of course hopping on the NYC bandwagon and banning large sodas.

Anyway, here's a few words of wisdom from G.K. Chesterrtton:
 “The free man owns himself. He can damage himself with either eating or drinking; he can ruin himself with gambling. If he does he is certainly a damn fool, and he might possibly be a damned soul; but if he may not, he is not a free man any more than a dog.”

Amen, brother, amen...

1 comment:

Pascvaks said...

I guess it wasn't a dog eat dog world back then the way it is now, and has been for a while. Who knew freedom meant eating and drinking and doing what you wanted to, even if it wasn't good for you? Folks sure were kind'a stupid back then. They weren't like us at all, were they? Ahhh the Modern Life, ya can't beat it with a stick! (It's against the law;-)