Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Product Endorsement - NOT!!!

I just tried to update my anti-virus software. Should be a pretty simple process, right? They sent me an e-mail saying my coverage was expiring. Merely enter my credit card info and click "Renew." What could go wrong?

Well...

A few hours later and several trips to tech support hell and the problem is still not resolved. Tomorrow I think I'll just uninstall this crap and download another company's product. At this I'm just going to write off the $40 renewal fee. It's already cost me more than that in aggravation and beer.

But I will get my revenge. Step One is to let everyone I know to avoid like the plague anything even remotely connected to Trend Micro. If they get close, run for your life!

Their version of customer support is a joke - a sick, twisted, evil joke. If it was a politician it would be barack obama.

'Nuff said...

4 comments:

Pascvaks said...

"Integrity Counts!"

But NOT for very damn much these days. Ain't the 21st Century a Gas? (Or whatever the kids call it now;-)

JT said...

Trend Micro came pre-installed and free for a year on my daughter's laptop. It expired, and in addition to the annoying pop-up reminders, there is a constantly blinking icon on the taskbar. I spent hours on the phone with their tech support, but no one knew how to find the file controlling that blinking icon, short of renewing. Luckily, it didn't drive her completely crazy and the laptop eventually died, though the icon blinked to the very end.

JT said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
CenTexTim said...

Pascvaks - I think they say it's "da bomb" now.

Harper - Trend Micro can't even give their crappy product away...