Sunday, June 9, 2013

Sunday Funnies 2013.06.09

Yesterday was my son's high school graduation ceremony. What's my take on the whole thing?



What's his take on it?



What do other people think about graduation?
"To those of you who received honors, awards and distinctions, I say well done.
And to the 'C' students, I say you too may one day be President of the United States."
  -- George W. Bush

"Democracy means that anyone can grow up to be President.
And anyone who doesn't grow up can be Vice President."
  -- Johnny Carson

"Wearing colorful Converse high-tops beneath your graduation robe is a great way to tell your classmates that this is just the first of many horrible decisions you plan to make with the rest of your life."
  -- Conan O’Brien

“High School is a lot like toilet paper, you only miss it when its gone.”
  -- Anonymous

4 comments:

Old NFO said...

LOL, love the last one!!!

Toejam said...

When I was living in Chapel Hill, NC I put a bumper sticker on my car that read: "I IS A COLLEGE STUDENT".

It drove the Tarheels Frat bratz crazy.

After a while, its luster wore off, so I put another one on the bumper next it.

It read: "IF I'VE OFFENDED YOU THEN MY EFFORTS HAVE BEEN REWARDED".

Bingo, my Pavlov experiment was a great success.

CenTexTim said...

NFO - Ain't it the truth?

Toejam - Bumper stickers were our generation's tweets.

Toejam said...

Actually, CTT

1980's bumper-stickers aside,

A 1950's "tongue in the ear" of a favorite girlfriend was the best information transmitter I can think of.

OH, the memories!