Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Almost Forgot About This

Today is Talk Like A Pirate Day!

In honor thereof, here are the Top Ten Talk Like A Pirate Pickup Lines.
10 . Avast, me proud beauty! Wanna know why my Roger is so Jolly?

9. Have ya ever met a man with a real yardarm?

8. Come on up and see me urchins.

7. Yes, that is a hornpipe in my pocket and I am happy to see you.

6. I'd love to drop anchor in your lagoon.

5. Pardon me, but would ya mind if I fired me cannon through your porthole?

4. How'd ye like to scrape the barnacles off me rudder?

3. Ya know, darlin’, I’m 97 percent chum free.

2. Well blow me down.

1. Prepare to be boarded.


Actually, my 18-year-old son got a head start on today. He went out with some friends last Saturday to celebrate a buddy's birthday. They went to a place called Twin Peaks. We found out later that it's a PG semi-topless place, kind of like a Hooters, with a pirate theme (their slogan is "Check out our Treasure Chest."). The waitresses dress like pirate wenches.


I told him next time he goes there to let me know...



8 comments:

CharlieDelta said...

Tell him to let me know too! Damn...

Old NFO said...

LOL, now you 'know' you're too old for that young stuff! :-)

CenTexTim said...

That kid is smoother at 18 that I ever was. He chatted up the waitress, found out she went to a high school near his, determined they knew a few of the same people, found out when she would be working there again, and is going back to see her. I doubt if anything will come of it, given the age difference (an older woman and all that), but when I was 18 I never would have gotten past the drooling stage.

Hell, I don't think I'd get past the drooling stage today...

JT said...

One of the locations near here, on the I-35 frontage road, has an inflatable water slide that they put out front and let the girls play on to attract business.

CenTexTim said...

Gotta give 'em credit for marketing their product ... and could you post the address, or at least some pictures... ;-)

Toejam said...

I took one look at those Pirate ladies and me timber started to shiver!

Pascvaks said...

Me shiver can't timber no more; maybe if they be older.

CenTexTim said...

Toejam and Pascvaks - I think both of you have sprung your mizzenmasts...