Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Vacation Redux

It seems like we just got back from our luxury Caribbean vacation, and here we are leaving on another one.

This one, however, is the opposite extreme. It's our annual trip into the Wyoming mountains. We stay in a log cabin on a ranch where there is no TV, no cell phone reception, and no Internet access.

Actually, that's not totally true. There is none of that in our cabin (which does have indoor plumbing and electricity - I'm not that much of a Luddite) but there is one TV and very limited Internet access (think dial-up) at the main house. If you want cell phone reception you have to drive halfway into town (about 20 miles).

Bottom line - I've got some stuff lined up and set to post over the next several days, but it won't be the timely commentary on current events that you've come to expect (*cough cough*). And I probably won't be responding to comments for a while.

Y'all behave yourselves while I'm gone...

3 comments:

Old NFO said...

Enjoy the peace and quiet! And shoot a few guns for me!!! :-)

Toejam said...

WOW! You've had more vacations in ONE month than I've had in FIVE years!

Well, I've been told all Texans were rich oil barons. I guess that's a fact.

PS: Have a great time!

Pascvaks said...

Q:Why does a Texican go romping around in the Carribean and then skidaddle up to Wyoming for no good reason a'tall?
A:Mischief!;-)

PS: Have some good ol'mischief, but don't get pronghorned;-)