Thursday, May 12, 2011

A Man After My Own Heart

I understand the urge, but I must respectfully disagree with the action.

Man Calls 911 For Beer - 65-Year-Old Asks Officers To Pick Up Beer
A 65-year-old Bridgeport man faces criminal charges after police said he called 911 to solve a beer emergency.

Raymond Roberge called the emergency number three times on Sunday. Authorities said when emergency personnel arrived at his home, Roberge offered them money to go to the store and buy him some beer.

He was charged with misusing the 911 system and was freed after posting a $500 bond.
We've all had our 'beer emergencies.' And granted, calling 911 is better than driving yourself to the store after consuming all the supply on hand. But I do think he could have found a better option.

I called my ex-wife once and asked her to make a beer run for me.

I think I would have been better off calling 911 and going to jail...

No comments: