Thursday, June 5, 2014

Worst First Pitch Ever

Some alleged entertainer who calls himself 50 Cent threw out the first pitch at a Mets game the other day. It has to be the worst first pitch ever in the history of baseball.


However, as I used to tell my students, an assertion without supporting data is just an opinion. So below is a chart cataloging a sample of first pitches (click to embiggen).


You'll also notice that the chart suggests the best first pitch was thrown by former President George W. Bush.

Just for grins, here's a video contrasting Bush's pitch with one from noted limp-wrist barack obama.


I know which one I'd want on my team...

3 comments:

Bear said...

My first thought upon looking at your graph was, "How in Hell did the Ryan Express miss that badly?!?"

Old NFO said...

Yep, that's a loser right there!!!

CenTexTim said...

Bear - maybe Nolan was brushing someone back...?

NFO - when my daughter was 6 years old she threw better than that ... with her left hand!