Sunday, June 15, 2014

Sunday Funnies 2014.06.15

Today's post is dedicated to my father -  the man who made me what I am today.

When I said that to my wife her response was "Don't blame him!"






Son: For $20, I’ll be good.
Dad: Oh, yeah?  When I was your age, I was good for nothing.

Q: How do you know your dad is planning for the future?
A: He buys two cases of beer instead of one.

Things My Dad Would Never Say
“Can you turn up that music?”

“Go ahead and take my truck. Here’s 50 bucks for gas.”

“I LOVE your tattoo. We should both get new ones.”

“Here, you take the remote.”

"Your mother and I are going away for the weekend.  Why don't you invite your friends over for a party."





The above are obviously tongue-in-cheek tributes to Dad. The ones below are sincere.
Being a great father is like shaving. No matter how good you shaved today, you have to do it again tomorrow.
Dad shaved every day. And every day, he was the best father a kid could have asked for.

My father was a career military man. One of my first chores was shining his shoes every night. I'm sure he had to re-shine them the first few times, but he never complained. He did, however, show me how I could do a better job...


2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Well said sir, and yes they WERE our idols... And no I'm still not sure I filled those shoes.

CenTexTim said...

Sounds like we were both lucky...