Sunday, February 3, 2013

Sunday Funnies 2013.02.03

The Super Bowl is today. I can't stand either team...


I also can't stand my ex-wife...


or the Dallas Cowboys...
Q: What do call a Dallas Cowboys fan holding a bottle of champagne after the Super Bowl?
A: Waiter.

Q: What do you call 53 millionaires around a TV watching the Super Bowl?
A: The Dallas Cowboys
But seriously, folks, it's just a football game. This country has bigger issues we should be focusing on. Like the economy...
Q: How is the bad economy affecting the Super Bowl?
A: Instead of a coin toss they are now going to play rock, paper, scissors!

All things considered, here's my perspective on the game.


3 comments:

Toejam said...

Professional Football, basketball and baseball have done more harm to minority groups than all the illegal guns and drugs. Those games (calling them sports is a travesty) have conned many generations of inner city children into believing nothing mattered but putting a round ball through a hoop and the world would be their's on an oyster shell.

In reality 99.9% of those starry-eyed and eventually disillusioned youngsters not only didn't get to "life's" first base but wound up in the gutter.

I wouldn't watch the Super Bowl or any other game even if I were paid.

The only sport that interests me is target shooting. And I do that every so often as a source of relaxation.

Old NFO said...

I'm watching for the ads... I've pretty much given up on ALL professional sports. I'll watch college, but that's about it.

CenTexTim said...

Toejam - You're spot on. It's a sad fact of life that kids who never make it to the pros are labelled "failures." If they spent as much time and energy studying as they do on sports they -- and the rest of the world -- would be much better off.

NFO - I'm with you. In fact, IMO the major colleges are just extensions of the pro leagues. I'm not nearly as enthusiastic about them as I used to be.