Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Fair And Balanced - Really!

If you came here expecting a review and commentary on obama's SOTU address last night, I'm sorry to disappoint you. I had better things to do than watch that SCOAMF bloviate his way through some convoluted version of his stock campaign speech. I was busy guzzling massive quantities of Shiner in honor of Chris Kyle and Chad Littlefield (go to GGDF or Passed Up Strange for some awesome visuals of the ceremony in Dallas).

Anyway, the topic of today's post is a kerfuffle between a couple of what are supposed to be well-known websites. I'm not a very well-informed netizen. I'm often blissfully unaware of websites that political junkies and others with too much time on their hands flock to. For example, I've vaguely heard of something called Buzzfeed, but never knew who it was or what it did.

For the uninitiated:
BuzzFeed is a website that combines a technology platform for detecting viral content with an editorial selection process to provide a snapshot of "the viral web in realtime."
Huh?

Anyway...
Cofounded in 2006 by Jonah Peretti (who is also cofounder of The Huffington Post), BuzzFeed is located in Manhattan, New York in the Flatiron District.
Given that pedigree, I assumed that BuzzFeed was another outlet for babbling liberals. So when I stumbled across a story about some little catfight between some guy I never heard of (Josh Marshall) from some website I never heard of (Talking Points Memo) and another guy I never heard of (Ben Smith) from some site I'd vaguely heard of (the afore-mentioned BuzzFeed) I was like "Meh. Whatever..."

Then I clicked on the link that spawned all the fuss.

It's actually a balanced piece that points out the hypocrisy of the left in supporting -- or at least staying mum about -- actions taken by obama that would have generated howls of outrage if Bush had done them.

Not only is it balanced, but it's clever and well-done.

CentexTim says "Check it out..."

No comments: