Thursday, February 7, 2013

Life Out Of Town

I work several days a week in a town about 200 miles away from home. I have a small aprtment down here where I stay. It's not a bad place, and most of the time it's pretty trouble-free. But not yesterday.

I put a full load of clothes in the washing machine yesterday morning. It huffed and puffed through the wash cycle, but when it came time for the water to drain out to begin the rinse cycle the poor old washer emitted a resounding "CLUNK" and groaned to a halt. I was left with a tub full of soapy water and wet clothes. The maintenance people can't get to it until tomorrow, so I have a bathtub full of sopping clothes and a washing machine full of stagnant soapy water. I'm leaving town later today to go home for the weekend. Hopefully the washing machine will be repaired and my clothes won't be all mildewed by the time I get back here next week.

In the meantime, I've got shirts draped over the towel racks and shower rod. Also, because of the washing machine breakdown I have no more clean underwear down here. Had to make a WalMart run and restock.

On the bright side, I can watch whatever I want on TV, eat and drink whatever I want, and wander around in my underwear burping, farting, and scratching. So it's not all bad...


2 comments:

Old NFO said...

LOL, at least you had ONE pair of pants to wear during the restock... :-)

CenTexTim said...

I just turned the pair I was wearing inside-out...