Sunday, April 17, 2011

Tired

It's been a long couple of months. I'm not much of a golfer, or a scuba diver, but the past several weekends have consisted of plenty of both.

Feb. 5 Golf Tournament (not much golf, but lots of 'socializing')

Feb. 12-13: Golf Tournament (two days of golf, plus lots of 'socializing.')

Hell, why deny it. 'Socializing' = drinking.

Feb. 18 - 20: Out of town (Houston) Golf Tournament, plus 'socializing.'

Feb. 26-27: scuba pool training (plus Feb. 27 was my birthday, which meant more 'socializing.')

Mar. 5 - 6: scuba open water training (minimal 'socializing.')

Mar. 12 - 17: Spring Break in Cancun, involving travel, diving, and 'socializing.'

Mar. 26 - 27: Golf Tournament and 'socializing.'

April 1 - 4: Extended weekend in Wyoming, with - you guessed it - more 'socializing.'

April 9 - 10: Normal weekend (minimal 'socializing.')

April 15 - 17: Extended weekend out of town golf tournament (Austin). Mucho 'socializing.'

Throw in doing our taxes, and it's been a tough two months (we're in the 50% part of the population that pays taxes to support the other 50% that doesn't, so I don't feel a damn bit guilty about spending my weekends enjoying myself.)

Like I said, I'm not much of a golfer. I've played more golf the last two months than I have the 12 months before them. But these were "special occasion" outings - charities, reunions, etc. Nevertheless, the bottom line is that I've spent most of my last dozen or so weekends either traveling, playing golf, or both - plus a heavy dose of 'socializing.' I'm flat tuckered out.

Thankfully, there's only one more golf outing scheduled for the near term (May 14 - 15). My wife will be along for that one, so the 'socializing' should be kept to a minimum.

That's good, because at this point I'm very, very tired...

No comments: