Monday, April 4, 2011

Ouch!

I strongly suggest that you do not confuse the little bottle containing ear drops for swimmer's ear with the little bottle containing eye drops. It's unfortunately easy to do in the morning when you're not fully awake.




The eye drops are basically a sterile saline solution. The ear drops are 95% alcohol.

Saline in the ear - no problem. Alcohol in the eye - BIG problem. Especially when you're in the Wyoming mountains and the nearest emergency room is a long way off.

The patch comes off tomorrow...

4 comments:

JT said...

Yeouch. Sounds like something that would happen in my family.

Tell me you have done the pirate voice at least once...

Anonymous said...

I sprayed athlete's foot powder under my arm pits once.

But then again it didn't hurt!

CenTexTim said...

Arrrgh, wench, twas a right painful experience - like sittin' on a belaying pin.

Welcome back, TJ. At least in your case you got rid of your underarm fungus.

Anonymous said...

It sure did Cen Tex Tim. No mushrooms in the arm-pits for sure.

I was on a three-week jaunt to see my sister who at 66-years doesn't believe in modern devices like computers, so I was "off the air" for the duration of the visit.