Wednesday, May 11, 2016

The Myth Of Self-Identity

Let's take the 'logic' behind the Gender Self-Identity Bathroom Wars to it's ultimate extreme.

I Identify as Barack Obama
... inspired by Bruce Jenner and other intrepid souls, I’ve decided to finally start living the life I was meant to:

I identify as Barack Obama.

Oh, I can hear the cynical statements now.
  • your I.Q. is 50 points too high
  • you can speak fluently without a Teleprompter
  • you know there aren’t 60 states and can pronounce “corpsman”
All these things are inconsequential details, the stuff of tiresome prigs -- sort of like genitalia on a man.

Given my identity, compassion dictates I be allowed to use the bathroom of my choice. My preferred bathroom happens to be in the White House. The same is true of my preferred bedroom, kitchen, living room, Blue Room, Green Room and Map Room; and my preferred chef, servants and security detail. I’ll have my preferred executive orders, too.

And my own personal, provisional fact is that I have strong and persistent feelings I’m really Barack Obama. If you say feelings aren’t facts, you’re not paying attention.
And that right there is the gist of the liberal argument, not only in the Gender Self-Identity Bathroom Wars, but in every other social issue about which they bloviate.

But let's stick with the Gender Self-Identity Bathroom Wars for now. Liberals insist that those exhibiting “gender dysphoria” (defined as “strong and persistent cross-gender identification”) be allowed to use the restrooms of the gender with which they identify. But that identity is based on feelings, not facts.
There is no brain scan used to confirm the “realness” of a gender dysphoria diagnosis.

There’s no genetic test used.

There’s no hormonal test.

There’s no medical test of any kind.

Rather, the diagnosis is based, again, on strong and persistent cross-gender identification — on strong and persistent feelings...
So if the author has "strong and persistent feelings" that he is 'in fact' barack obama then who are we to deny him his reality?

Along with access to the White House restroom, and other facilities.
The point is that, scientifically, there’s every bit as much medical proof a trans-status biped such as me is Barack Obama as there is that a “transgender” person is an opposite-sex member.

So I am Barack Obama. At least, that is, until January 20, 2017, at which time I may identify as Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton. And they’re coming to take me away, ho-ho, hee-hee, ha-ha. Or are they coming to take you away, bigoted, narrow-minded, unscientific, ambition-phobic racists who should be killed with fire? That all depends on the outcome of these refreshingly fact-free culture wars.

May the strongest feelings win.
Word.

4 comments:

Randy said...

a friend in the medical profession has 3 trans...he insists they identify as the sex they were born...the treatment he may need to provide would be determined by DNA...if you are a man claiming to be a woman, your DNA may react differently to the proscribed treatment. wonder what the trans think of that little fact being noted on their medical records. i have no sympathy for that.

Old NFO said...

That's what scares me... It COULD come down to 'feeelllingggssss"... Dammit!

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Think you have defined the current convoluted thinking.

CenTexTim said...

Randy - DNA doesn't lie.

NFO - feelings ... nothing more than feelings...

WSF - convoluted is an understatement.