Wednesday, January 5, 2011

It's A Tough Job

I put the wife and kids on a plane back to the mainland yesterday. Now it's time to get down to the business part of this trip (he said with an almost-straight face).

I'm here for a conference. It kicked off today with a reception on the beach. Gorgeous sunset, crashing surf, a Hawaiian band playing island tunes, trays of tasty tidbits, and, oh yeah, an open bar.

The conference sessions and workshops start tomorrow. Somehow I doubt that I'll be attending too many of them. Early morning (well, more like mid-morning) walks on the beach will consume my a.m., and the afternoons will be spent practicing for happy hour. I found a little local bar about a half-mile from here, with cold beer and good affordable food. The resort food and drink is fine, but pricey. I think I'll be spending a fair amount of time at Kalapaki Joe's.


The resort itself is excellent. If you ever visit Kauai I highly recommend the Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort & Spa. 


My presentation is scheduled for the last session of the last day, which is a good thing for two reasons. First of all, I haven't finished the PPT slides yet. I'll get that done in the next day or two. Second, thanks to the flight schedules, I'll have to stay over one more day after the conference.

It's a tough job, maintaining proficiency in both my subject matter and pedagogical skills, but it's a sacrifice I gladly make for the youth of America.

And of course I will continue seeking obama's birth certificate...

1 comment:

CharlieDelta said...

Yeah, sounds like a tough job but as they say, someone has to do it! I just wish that someone had to be me!

Cheers bro, and be sure to let us know when you locate that birth certificate.