Saturday, July 3, 2010

Warning!!!

Our 16 year-old son got his drivers license yesterday. If you see a white 1996 Crown Victoria barreling down the road clear the streets and get off the sidewalks.


So far, he's been pretty responsible. Of course, it's only been one day.

I fear that over time my genes will exert their influence. i was a big gearhead back in the day. Ed "Big Daddy" Roth was my idol. Artist, cartoonist, and custom car builder, Big Daddy's alter ego was the Rat Fink hotrodder. 


Not very appealing now, but to a teenage boy in the '60s he was a symbol of freedom, rebellion, and speed. He inspired me to basically sell my soul and go into hock so I could buy and customize a 1967 Olds Hurst 442. The picture below isn't mine - no digital cameras back then - but it's similar, before I gutted the mufflers, jacked up the rear end, and painted flames on the fenders.


Oh yeah, I also installed an 8-track tape player.

Ah, youth...

No comments: