Thursday, June 9, 2016

When It Rains, It Pours

I spent most of yesterday preparing for a hearing regarding a protest of our property tax appraisal. It went up 25% from 2015 to 2016. And I can guaran-damn-tee that (1) our home wasn't underappraised to begin with; and (2) its market value didn't jump by one-fourth over the past twelve months.

Anyway, while I was working on that I received the news that a good friend of our was diagnosed with a brain tumor. He goes in for surgery to remove it Friday, and from there immediately proceeds to chemo. He's a great guy, does everything right - exercises daily, eats well, doesn't smoke, doesn't drink to excess - all that good stuff. A classic example of bad things happening to good people.

At almost the same time I heard that another friend had a nervous breakdown of sorts, and yet another became embroiled in a legal situation not entirely of his making.

Bad news comes in threes, I guess.

Anyway, I have neither the time nor the inclination to spend much time on this blog right now, so I'll just throw up a few random images.

Hope your day is going better than mine...





And for my buddy with the tumor:

5 comments:

Bear said...

Hope the sun comes back out from behind the clouds soon. Sending some positive vibes to you and your friends.

Old NFO said...

Thoughts and prayers for the ill friends.

CenTexTim said...

Bear and NFO - Thank You both for the kind thoughts.

Randy said...

Hope your protest goes your way. so sorry about your friends, hoping for the best for them

CenTexTim said...

Thanks, Randy.