Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year 2015

In spite of the excesses of last night - or perhaps because of them - I'd like to start the New Year off with a prayer.
Dear Lord,

So far this year I've done well.

I haven't gossiped, I haven't lost my temper, I haven't been greedy, grumpy, nasty, selfish, or overindulgent. I'm very thankful for that.

But in a few minutes, Lord, I'm going to get out of bed, and from then on I'm probably going to need a lot more help.

Amen



This is also the day when we traditionally make resolutions for the New Year. Here's my thoughts on that.


3 comments:

Old NFO said...

Heard that... Asprin... STAT

Anonymous said...

Found this over at Grouch Old cripple's...It's a hoot, find your State:

http://news.distractify.com/beth-buczynski/sarcastic-state-mottos/

CenTexTim said...

NFO - hair of the dog...

Toejam - those are jokes? They make a lot of sense to me...