Sunday, October 26, 2014

Sunday Funnies 2014.10.26 and Elk Hunt Chronicles - Day Seven

A twofer today - it's Day Seven of my elk hunt, and it also happens to be our 22nd (?) wedding anniversary.

First, the elk hunt:

As most of you know, I've filled my tags, so this weekend is R&R. I slept in yesterday - after the shock of successive pre-dawn wakeups my system needed some time to recover. So when I walked out on the deck to greet another gorgeous Wyoming morning I was treated to the sight of several wild turkeys casually strolling away.

I guess they knew I didn't have a turkey tag.
Later in the day I went out for a hike. I managed to scare up a pair of ring-necked pheasants.

It's hard to see them, but there's a pair of birds more or less in the middle of this picture.
All in all, it was a wonderful day. Perfect weather, a nice and relaxed atmosphere, dinner with friends ... the only down note was that my wonderful wife wasn't here to share it (her choice, by the way - she was invited).

Speaking of anniversaries:

A man was walking down a street when he heard a voice from behind, ' If you take one more step, a brick will fall down on your head and kill you.'

The man stopped and a big brick fell right in front of him. The man was astonished.

He went on, and after a while he was going to cross the road. Once again the voice shouted, ' Stop! Stand still! If you take one more step a car will run over you, and you will die.'

The man did as he was instructed, just as a car came careening around the corner, barely missing him.

The man asked. ' Who are you? '

' I am your guardian angel, ' the voice answered.

'Oh, yeah? ' the man asked 'And where the hell were you when I got married? '

 * * * * * * * * * *

My wife and I were happy for twenty years. Then we met. - Rodney Dangerfield

A good wife always forgives her husband when she's wrong.  - Milton Berle

I was married by a judge. I should have asked for a jury. - George Burns

The secret of a happy marriage remains a secret. - Henny Youngman

Marriage is when a man and woman become as one; the trouble starts when they try to decide which one. -Anonymous

Spouse: Someone who'll stand by you through all the trouble you wouldn't have had if you'd stayed single. -Unknown

The Japanese have a word for it. It’s Judo – the art of conquering by yielding. The Western equivalent of Judo is, “Yes dear”. -J.P. McEvoy

 * * * * * * * * * *

On wedding anniversaries, the wise husband always forgets the past - but never the present.

 * * * * * * * * * *

At the banquet of Tom and Susan’s 25th wedding anniversary, Tom was asked to give his friends a brief account of the benefits of a marriage of such long duration.

“Tell us, Tom, just what is it you have learned from all those wonderful years with your wife?”

Tom responded, “Well, I’ve learned that marriage is the best teacher of all. It teaches you loyalty, forbearance, meekness, self-restraint, forgiveness and a great many other qualities you wouldn’t have needed if you’d stayed single.”

 * * * * * * * * * *







2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Congrats and best wishes for many more!!!

CenTexTim said...

Thanks. I'm very lucky and she's very patient...