Friday, February 21, 2014

What Will They Think Of Next?

I have a friend who heads up a consulting company that specializes in helping companies innovate and develop new products. Since my professional background is loosely affiliated with that area, we occasionally have conversations about some of the more 'interesting' innovations we've come across. Here are two that recently appeared on our radar.

The first one isn't too bad. It brings reading in the john into the 21st century.
The iPad and new tablet technology are revolutionizing how and where we view entertainment. CTA Digital’s Pedestal Stand for iPad provides a convenient way to comfortably enjoy apps, eBooks, videos and web browsing at home. The bendable gooseneck stand allows you to adjust to any viewing angle, orientation or position you may need and securely holds the iPad. Simply slide and snap the iPad into the padded stand. The elegant chrome pedestal also features an optional toilet paper roll holder and a solid heavyweight base that will stay in place. So add luxury and convenience to your décor...


What's next? A coffee cup holder mounted next to the iPad holder?

I can see where the above product might come in handy. However, I feel sorry for anyone who needs the next product.
...the flatulence remedy that you have been looking for ... A safe, effective product that eliminates the foul odor caused when you fart or pass gas.

The Flatulence Deodorizer Pad is a reusable charcoal cloth pad that is designed to remove the odors caused by flatulence. The charcoal underwear pad is designed to be taped to the panties or undies next to the buttocks area. This flatulence remedy is safe, effective and virtually undetectable...


Like I said, I feel sorry for anyone who needs a Flatulence Deodorizer Pad. However, I feel even sorrier for anyone who has to be around them...

5 comments:

Old NFO said...

I'm betting the second one is from Japan... :-)

CenTexTim said...

Actually, the company that makes them is based in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.

Go figure...

Toejam said...

I'm all for buying American.

So that fart deoderizer is just the thing to get my wife for her birthday.

Do they make it in a 2XX size?

CenTexTim said...

Toejam ... words fail me...

Toejam said...

Words fail you, CTT?

They fail me when she sits on my chest and positions her butt 2 inches from my face and lets one fly that would fill a blimp.