Sunday, July 18, 2010

Word for the Day

Lassitude: A state or feeling of weariness, diminished energy, or listlessness.

Usage example: I am afflicted today with a general feeling of lassitude.

Why, you ask? Because we just got back from our small weekend place on Lake Buchanan. Currently I am tired, frustrated, sunburned, and slightly hungover.

Tired because I spent most of one day replacing a starter relay on a jetski. Whoever designed those things should be consigned to the lower levels of Hell. They're impossible to work on unless you have long skinny tentacles instead of heavily muscled arms (or even normal ones).

Frustrated because about an hour after I finally got it running one of the kids managed to suck the tow rope into the engine. That means a trip to the jetski doctor, which ain't cheap.

Sunburned because the only sunscreen we had up there was SPF 70, and I refuse to be that big of a wimp.

Slightly hungover because of all of the above.

So I'm giving in to my feeling of lassitude and signing off...

No comments: