Thursday, July 29, 2010

Vacation

On vacation for the next several days. Going to the Bighorn Mountains in central-northern Wyoming. No TV, no phones, no Internet - just horses, a log cabin, and cold beer. It's not totally primitive - we will have indoor plumbing and electricity. And we'll only be about 30 miles or so from the closest Wal-Mart.

We go there every year. It's a great way to get away from things, reconnect with friends and family, and recharge the batteries for another year.

In preparation, I've pre-loaded a bunch of posts. If I figured out the technology correctly, they should pop up daily, and my loyal readers (both of them) wouldn't even know I was gone if I hadn't spilled the beans. The only clue will be a lack of comments on events that occur while we're gone.

So assuming we successfully negotiate the airlines and rental car companies, by the time you read this we should be well on our way.

Here's some examples of where we'll be and what we'll be doing.

Rodeos...



















Horseback riding up in the mountains...













Hangin' out on the porch...










Stay tuned...

1 comment:

JT said...

Have a great trip...just in time, looking at the expected high temps here in Tejas for the next week.

I traveled through Wyoming many years ago. I remember it was windy and I had an excellent Reuben sandwich at a cafe near Cody.