Sunday, March 30, 2014

Sunday Funnies 2014.03.30

Spent the last few days shopping for a used car for our daughter, who is going off to college next fall.

I'd rather visit the dentist...


One day, an elderly woman walked into Nathan Hale's Used Cars lot. As it just so happens, she gets met by the owner himself.

He asks her what kind of car she wants and she replies, "Well, sonny, I can't remember the name exactly, but it has something to do with hate or anger."

The owner replies, "Well, let's see... Oh yes, you want a Plymouth Fury! We have a couple on the lot. What color do you prefer?"

The lady has some trouble explaining the exact color to him, so she reaches into her shopping bag, takes out an ear of corn, strips down the shucks and says, "I want this color."

Nathan replies, "Ma'am I'm sorry, but we don't have any in this color. Could I show you a nice blue one?"

"No son, I want this color."

"But ma'am, they didn't make that color! Maybe a cherry red one would suit you?" says the owner, obviously worried about losing a sale.

By this time, the old lady gets mad, and starts throwing things at the owner, thereby chasing him out of the office and into the lot. One of the salesmen, coming into the office from the back door, notices the disruption and asks the secretary what the old woman was so upset about.

The secretary replies, "Apparently, Hale hath no Fury like the woman's corn!"


Whats the difference between a used car salesman and a software salesmen?

The used car salesman knows when he's lying.


A man walked into a tavern and sat next to a very attractive, smartly dressed woman perched on a bar stool.

"Hi there, Good Looking. How's it going?" he asked.

The woman looked him straight in the eye and said, "Listen, I'll screw anybody, anytime, anywhere, your place, my place, it doesn't matter. I've been doing it ever since I got out of school, and I just love it!"

"No kidding?," said the man, "I sell used cars too. What dealership are you with?"








4 comments:

Well Seasoned Fool said...

All good. Spent some thirty years retailing cars. My tattoo? Caveat Emptor. Goes right under the other, Caveat Venditor.

CenTexTim said...

Wish I'd known that. I would have pumped your brain. We did our homework - Consumer Reports, etc. - and knew what we wanted in terms of models, mileage, age, and price. We checked the dealerships' online inventory, and walked onto the lot with a short list of 2 or 3 vehicles we were interested in. No trade-in, no financing. Told each salesman we wanted to test drive them, and take the one we selected to an independent mechanic. If everything looked good we would buy then and there. Should have been a quick, simple transaction. But everywhere we went we got the same runaround.. Talk to the salesman, talk to the asst. mgr., talk to the mgr. Then get pressured to buy add-ons, extended warranties, prepaid service agreements, etc. etc. etc. I walked out of one place because they just wouldn't listen to what WE wanted - it was all about them. I swear, if I had heard one more salesman say "I'm going to fight for you" I would have lost it. But it's over. We got her a good vehicle (2011 RAV 4 with 38K miles) in good shape at a reasonable price. She's happy, so I'm happy.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Happy it worked out for you. Happy I'm out of the business. Not many professionals left in the business now.

JT said...

Wish me luck, found my next car online and traveling to take a look and hopefully purchase tomorrow.

BTW, is that RAV 4 maroon? Congrats to your second smart kid.