Sunday, May 12, 2013

Sunday Funnies 2013.05.12

Today is Mother's Day. If your Mom is still alive make sure you take the time to thank her for putting up with you.

If she's passed on, like mine, set aside a few moments to think about her. She'll be pleased.

And if she's like my Mom, she has a sense of humor. Share these with her.


As the family gathered for a big dinner together, the youngest son announced that he had just enlisted in the Army.

There were audible gasps around the table, then some laughter, as his older brothers shared their disbelief that he could handle this new situation.

"Oh, come on, quit joking," snickered one. "You didn't really do that, did you?"

"You would never get through basic training," scoffed another.

The new recruit looked to his mother for help, but she was just gazing at him. When she finally spoke, she simply asked, "Do you really plan to make your own bed every morning?"

 * * * * * * * * * *

Mother to daughter advice:
Cook a man a fish and you feed him for a day.
But teach a man to fish and you get rid of him for the whole weekend.

 * * * * * * * * * *

Miss Jones had just given her second-grade students a science lesson. She had explained about magnets, and showed how they would pick up nails and other bits of iron. Now it was question time.

Miss Jones said, "My name begins with the letter 'M' and I pick up things. What am I?"

A little boy in the front row proudly said, "You're a mother!"

 * * * * * * * * * *

4 Years Of Age - My Mommy can do anything;
8 Years Of Age - My Mom knows a lot! A whole lot
12 Years Of Age -My Mother doesn't really know quite everything.
14 Years Of Age -Naturally, Mother doesn't know that, either
16 Years Of Age -Mother? She's hopelessly old-fashioned
18 Years Of Age -That old woman? She's way out of date
25 Years Of Age -Well, she might know a little bit about it
35 Years Of Age -Before we decide, let's get Mom's opinion
45 Years Of Age -Wonder what Mom would have thought about it
65 Years Of Age -Wish, I could talk it over with Mom






4 comments:

Old NFO said...

All good ones, thanks!

CenTexTim said...

All thanks go to the moms today!

Toejam said...

My mom passed away at the ripe old age of 90 back in 2009. I was overseas on assignment, but thanks to the Airline I got an emergency flight and got to her bedside a few days before she died.

Mom always admitted she didn't have much training as a mother and when my sister and I were young she struggled with very little money since our father bounced from job to job.

But she buckled down and with her Dutch/Irish Protestant work ethic firing on all cylinders we made it to adulthood without any scarring.

Later in our lives after our father died my sister and I knew we could talk about our problems with her and her advice was rock solid.

Thanks mom. I think of you every day and miss you dearly.

CenTexTim said...

Toejam - my Mom was a farm girl who wasn't trained for parenting. But she did have experience in dealing with animals, which came in handy when raising my sister and me.