Saturday, April 10, 2010

Who does he think he is...

... George Bush?



















This picture was actually taken at a Feb. 2007 campaign event, but I just now saw it.

Observation 1: It's telling that he's wearing a black hat, which after all is symbolic of bad guys.

Observation 2: That's the closest he'll ever get to being a cowboy.

Observation 3: We would all be better off if he would live by the Code of the West. There are many versions, but my favorite is the Lone Ranger's Creed.
I believe:
That to have a friend, a man must be one.
That all men are created equal and that everyone has within himself the power to make this a better world.
That God put the firewood there, but that every man must gather and light it himself.
In being prepared physically, mentally, and morally to fight when necessary for that which is right.
That a man should make the most of what equipment he has.
That "this government, of the people, by the people, and for the people," shall live always.
That men should live by the rule of what is best for the greatest number.
That sooner or later...somewhere...somehow...we must settle with the world and make payment for what we have taken.
That all things change, but the truth, and the truth alone lives on forever.
I believe in my Creator, my country, my fellow man.

Somehow I don't think obama subscribes to the Code of the West...

P.S. - Seeing the bozo-in-chief wearing a cowboy hat reminds me of the story about circle flies.

No comments: