Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Ladies - Be Careful What You Ask For

Couples who share the housework are more likely to divorce, study finds
Divorce rates are far higher among “modern” couples who share the housework than in those where the woman does the lion’s share of the chores, a Norwegian study has found.

In what appears to be a slap in the face for gender equality, the report found the divorce rate among couples who shared housework equally was around 50 per cent higher than among those where the woman did most of the work.
I hope my wife appreciates all I do to keep us together...

3 comments:

Pascvaks said...

I have a feeling that most of those divorces resulted from arguments over who actually took the trash out last, or more; especially the stuff upstairs in the bathrooms. I've learned to shut up and ignore it all and just do the dishes;-)

JT said...

Pascvaks is spot on. Any man doing 50% of the housework (the correct way) got nagged into doing it.

CenTexTim said...

Based on my extensive experience with ex-wives, you're both right.