Sunday, February 28, 2016

Sunday Funnies 2016.02.28

Today is a bridge day. Yesterday was my mumble-mumble birthday, and tomorrow is Leap Year Day. So we have two themes for today's funnies.

Leap Year first:


What do athletes wear on Leap Day?
Jumpsuits.

Where do most people eat on Leap Day?
IHOP.

What kind of music do you listen to on Leap Day?
Hip Hop.


There is an official Leap Day cocktail (no joke). It's called… what else... the Leap Day Cocktail! This colorful cousin of the martini was invented by pioneering bartender Harry Craddock at London’s Savoy Hotel in 1928. (measurements in parentheses are for a single drink)
1 Dash Lemon Juice. (1 dash is approximately a teaspoon)
2/3 part Gin (1 1/2 oz)
1/6 part Grand Marnier (1/2 of 3/4 oz)
1/6 part Italian vermouth (1/2 of 3/4 oz)
Shake, serve, garnish with a lemon peel, and enjoy the flood of bittersweet flavors.






And for those unfortunate souls born on Leap Year Day:




Speaking of birthdays:


“Look at ME!!” boasted the fit old man, pounding a very flat and firm stomach, having just finished 100 sit-ups before a group of young people.

“Fit as a fiddle! And you want to know why? I don’t smoke, I don’t drink, I don’t stay up late, and I don’t chase after loose women!!”

He smiled at them, teeth white, eyes aglitter, “And tomorrow — tomorrow, I’m going to celebrate my 70th birthday!!”

“Oh, really?” drawled one of the young onlookers, “How?”


You know you are getting old when you still chase women, but only downhill.
--Bob Hope



4 comments:

Old NFO said...

Ouch on the cake...LOL And getting old isn't for sissies... Sigh

Bear said...

Congrats on the birthday!

As I tell my brother who mumble-mumbles about his birthday... don't fuss about getting older, because a lot of folks don't get to do it.

P.S. I wanna watch, too.

CenTexTim said...

NFO - it takes Real Men to survive to our age...!

CenTexTim said...

Bear - looks like fun, doesn't it.